|So, What Will $20k Buy Me Once I Raise It?
||[Oct. 12th, 2017|07:52 pm]
Happy Autumn, LairCronies! Before I leave for Miami, there to embark into Hurricane Alley (aka the Caribbean Sea) in a few days, I need to figure out how to restart a previously Failed crowdfunding campaign. While in Hurricane Alley, the MS Regatta will be my (and my mom's) home away from home for a couple of weeks; and when we're not doing land excursions and swimming, I hope to spend some time outlining future plans and goals for promoting my music. For Realz. Since a close friend of mine has become Accomplished at fundraising for Various humanitarian causes, I need to enlist his help to raise around $20,000 for music recording, publication and promotion, which would include traveling. Dammit, I'm not getting any Younger in this universe; so it's time to Just Do It Already™.
In reference to my Previous post (the still-in-progress To-Do List), I need much of the following, and more Besides...
- New guitar strings
- New gig bag
- New guitar case (hard case)
- New fiddle strings
- New musician's business cards
- Duplicate EP CD's
- Now, the updated Open Mic tour info can be easily Had online for free, of course. And I can design my own business cards, stickers, flyers, etc. But there is the matter of...
- Transportation (I'm thinking of whatever deals are Available via Greyhound and Amtrak);
- Lodging (easily Obtainable online);
- Portable Recording items... Zoom H2 and Zoom H4N come Recommended (by at least one Local club booker/open mic host).
For Social Media bells and whistles, I'm currently in need of...
Overall, I want to make more money because I want to travel more often, especially for Musical, Photographic and Archaeological purposes. That is to say, the businesses I want to work in, as my own boss. I can't do too much of that Yet without more money, though; so I must do some fundraising First. And since I am Jinxed at making and raising money, I need to enlist another Trusted individual to manage that sort of thing. Why? Because I refuse to resign myself to always being Broke, Unknown and Unfulfilled, just so whatever Cosmic Jerk is screwing with my life can get its own fucking way. So there.