|I'm supposed to be out Busking today...
||[Apr. 11th, 2016|07:03 pm]
Hello, LairCronies--I'm trying to create a new PayPal donation button for my CD Completion fund. Exhibit A (Note: it appears that the Actual link is getting Deleted automatically here, for some reason. Will have to try to paste the Full code on my User profile):<input ... >
<input ... >
I'm also trying to figure out why I'm so hesitant to walk the few blocks to Pike Place Market every day--or, at Least, every Other day--to play music Outside. I seem to have no motivation right Now, despite having a Grand time with a bunch of tourists down there a week or so Ago. So, what's the problem Now??
There are Various rationalizations on my part:
- I don't like walking long city blocks with my guitar.
- I might not find a good spot, if any spot at all. There's a Fair amount of competition for spots among Pike Market buskers, which sometimes causes conflicts and controversies for the Market Master to deal with.
- I don't want to perform when it's raining or seriously chilly.
- I can't seem to drag myself out of bed at a Decent hour most days. I lie there and wonder if there's anything in life worth getting out of bed for.
- I'm seriously Addicted to online activity. It decreases my motivation to play music outdoors.
- I might not get any tips for performing, or not Much to speak of.
- Certain bodily functions might interfere with my performance. I won't gross you out with the details. My body is middle-aged; put it that way.
- The crowds might just ignore me, and make me feel like I'm wasting my time.
- I might lose my voice while singing; or Sudden overuse of vocal faculties without enough warmup exercise might cause some type of throat infection.
- Or something else Unpleasant might happen...
At any rate, none of these are Valid excuses. The acedia just keeps hitting me over and over Again. I've got to stop with this bullshit, and get to playing every other day for sure--at the Market, on street corners, in the bus tunnel--Somewhere...