Generating income--this is something I've been asking myself how to do a lot Lately, and something I've not been very good at for a good Long time. I keep putting one thing after another up on Cafepress, Imagekind and Elsewhere, to little or no avail. In some moments of paranoia or Esoteric thinking, I contemplate heading up to Edge of the Circle Bookstore for a tarot reading on why I seem to be Jinxed when it comes to making money, or having professional success; and why all my creative output is consistently Ignored. I would do a runecasting; but the interpretive book that came with the rune set has been annoying me for some time with all its references to "waiting on the will of Heaven" (hell, no--I'm Done waiting on anything, go raibh mile maith agat! Especially since the "will of Heaven" doesn't seem to favor me at all these days.).|
So, where does one promote Cafepress shops outside of Facebook and Twitter? I'm busy looking that up Now. I've also been making promo cards for my larger LairShops; but I don't have the money right now to print them out on the Proper cardstock. Are there other markets for original photos and digital art designs, whether Online or off? I keep getting a certain South Asian chef friend in mind as someone I could consult with on promotional tactics. I suppose I should pay him a visit some afternoon and discuss this over some chai and biryani. Of course, there's also my long-neglected LairShops blog, which I must also update very Soon, whether anyone looks at it or not.
Busking still isn't paying anywhere near what it used to, whether or not the economy is on the upswing or not. I need to do more of this. Heck, I need to play publicly more Often, period, especially in open mics and street fairs. I need to figure out a plan to get myself out of bed Earlier, every day, and commit to it with a Stern pact of some kind. I also need to persuade my Subconscious mind that there actually IS something Worth getting out of bed earlier for (excuse my grammar). There are loads of places where one can do busking sets in the Seattle area, Including:
- Pike Place Market--the old standby...
- the U-District, at any Unoccupied retail space; failing that, in front of the UW Bookstore.
- Any bus tunnel entrance (watch out for the outrageously Anal Nordstrom's security guys, who have tried to convince me that Nordy's bloody owns half the sidewalk on their block.
- Any unoccupied retail space on Broadway, though the Capitol Hill neighborhood has gotten a little Tough over the Past few years.
- And for the really Brave, try the better-Lit and Populated areas of Pioneer Square. Haven't done this Yet.
I also need to investigate more Potential busking areas besides this, after all the time I've lived in Seattle.
Bottom Line--I need to upgrade my income. Underlining the Bottom Line--the fact that I don't want to work for someone else, especially some Zombie corporate outfit that doesn't give two ill-Timed bowel movements about my dreams, goals and aspirations. I'm through making some Board of Directors' collective dreams come true. There are some Creative enterprises to which I might consider offering time, skills and energy in exchange for a Liveable salary and benefits:
- Green Energy: they might need graphic/web designers, musical soundtracks for videos, etc.
- Musical soundtracks for computer games
- Industrial Hemp promotion
- Cottage Crafts/Art collectives
- Equal Exchange or another Fair Trade advocacy group
- International musicians' co-ops
- WOMAD Festivals
- Networks of Reiki and/or Shamanic practitioners
- International network of chocolate and coffee Fair Trade co-ops
Well, this is just a bit of brainstorming I'm doing here. I would also like to join up with some of these projects using the Creative output I've already completed and uploaded, as Opposed to going through a ridiculous Formal interviewing process, if Possible. Why is this? Well, mostly because I tend to suck at job interviews; I hate doing them; and I don't think they represent my background and experience particularly well to begin with. At any rate, writing down such ideas regularly might be of some help in getting me out of bed and out of my semi-Conscious brain more Often...